Cruise to the Prom 2023
May 21 @ 08:00 - 16:00 BST£5.00 – £35.00
Cruise to the Prom 2023 is a one day Volkswagen event in aid of local charity Avon & Somerset Search & Rescue where everyone is welcome to join us on the Beach Lawns at Weston Super Mare. Vehicle entry to the lawns is for VW’s only and costs £8* for the day per vehicle. If you are looking to visit the show but will not be driving a VW you will need to park along Marine Parade or on the beach and pay the normal North Somerset Council parking charge at the meters / to the attendants.
The lawns will open from 9:30am where we will have club displays, show merchandise, local & scene relevant traders, hot & cold food & drinks and you can remain parked all day until 4pm. You may either come straight to the lawns or join the official cruise to the event and rock up with loads of VW’s in convoy, details of which are below. We are delighted to announce that Simply Surf Bus, Bristol Detailing Supplies and Majestic Wood Design are all joining us as sponsors again whilst Worle Autos are joining us for the first time. We will have a media team who will be snapping away throughout the day – KingDom-Images, B_Goz Automotive and Bee Alicia Photography.
The starting point for the Cruise is Sanders Garden Centre on the A38 – TA9 4HJ. Arrive any time between 8:15 & 9:15, please have your tickets handy on your phone (or printed) on arrival to help speed up registration. The Cruise will leave at 9:30 and head in to Weston to the Lawns.
Remember that the Cruise is optional – if you would prefer to go directly to the Lawns then please do so!
Pride of Ownership
CTTP has always been about the love or dream of owning a VW and as an event we recognise this with our Pride of Ownership awards – these won’t necessarily go to the shiniest, most expensive VW’s on the field or those which are winning at every show, our awards are all about the love, passion and the effort people have put in to and have for their Dubs. Our categories will be:
- Favourite Air Cooled (x4)
- Favourite Water Cooled (x4)
- Joe Bloggs Award (x4)
- Mini Dubber Award (x4)
- Sponsors Choice Awards (x4)
- Spirit of Ross Award
- Spirit of Clive Award
- Best Club Stand
- Best in Show
Each winner will receive a hand crafted trophy. Additionally, the winner of the Spirit of Clive Award will also be invited to lead the 2023 Cruise.
- All awards – vehicles must be a VW and parked on the lawns
- Best Club Stand – clubs must be pre-registered with us and parked on the Lawns by 9:15am
- Spirit of Ross Award – Ross Barclay was a long term supporter of CTTP and VDF who sadly passed away in early 2022. In recognition of his support and love for the old school VW scene, his family will pick their favourite VW on the field.
- Spirit of Clive Award – a VW which has your own blood, sweat, tears and ideas put into it. Clive was all about making something different just because it could be done, not to follow the crowd or care what anyone else thought. The winner will be chosen by Clive’s son, Joel, who will be looking for the unique, the individual and the creative. Build evidence / history will be appreciated but not fundamental.
- All award recipients must still be present at 2:30pm for the presentation
Pride of Ownership winners will be announced opposite the info tent on the hard standing at 2:30pm.
We have secured camping at a discount price for both the Friday and Saturday nights at West End Farm Caravan & Camping Park on the outskirts of Weston by the helicopter museum. They have both electric and non-electric pitches available and the site is level and well drained. There is WiFi and street lighting throughout the site, a toilet block with free hot showers, elsan point and a fully equipped laundry. Our discounted prices per night per pitch (2 adults) are:
- Hardstanding electric – £22
- Grass electric – £20
- Grass non-electric – £18
- Extras (per night): Children – £2, Adults – £5. There is also an extra £3 discount for single occupancy on the grass non-electric pitches.
To book you need to contact the campsite directly on 01934 822 529 and quote ‘Steve Vee Dub’ to get the discount prices and be grouped with other CTTP campers. Pitches are limited and are on a first come, first served basis. Payment by card is required at point of booking.
Club admin’s please contact us for details regarding club stands and club camping. Please note that clubs who wish to display cannot participate in the cruise and must be parked up on the lawns for 9:15am. We operate an arrive together to park together policy due to licensing and insurance conditions and cannot hold space on club stands for late comers.
A range of exclusive CTTP 2023 merchandise can be pre-ordered for collection on the day of the event in our ticket section below. We will also have a limited amount of stock available to buy on the day. Tee shirts (adults & kids), hoodies (adults & kids), mugs, umbrellas and lanyards available for pre-order.
Be sure to keep yourselves up to date with everything CTTP by liking and following the Facebook page and marking yourself as going on the 2023 event. If you require any further information, please drop us an email – firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find us on Instagram and Twitter!
*excluding payment site fee